Friday, April 06, 2007

Shopaholic and Baby

I admit I love a little chick lit, and typically nothing satisfies like one of the Shopaholic books. While the character is infuriating at times in her stupidity I enjoy any book that can make me laugh out loud. However, the latest installment, Shopaholic and Baby, is, well, crap.

When I saw this book on the shelf, I thought, 'Oh what fun, a new shopaholic book which is relevant to me' since she is pregnant for the majority of the book. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who may want to read it, but it was rather awful and totally unrealistic in terms of being pregnant. But the story is pretty typical for the series and I think that the author needs to give it a rest with this character. I mean, what's next, Shopaholic and Menopause?

Next on the reading list is She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home