Continued idiocy at work
First let me relay an interview question that our regional manger posed to a prospective candidate for a maintenance supervisor position on another property. When asked if said candidate had ever been convicted of a crime, he replied "I was arrested but not convicted because they never found my prints on the gun". Sweet lord. Clearly he won't be hired, but who says that in an interview?
Anyways.
I find myself increasingly irritated with the new maintenance supervisor here at work. Yesterday I came back from lunch to find him conducting a meeting with potential suppliers at my desk. I feel very territorial about my desk, since my things are on and in it. I realise that he needs to use the Internet on occasion, but literally the second I get up if he's in the office he's at my desk. I found it mildly irritating at first but now I practically grit my teeth every time I see him. In addition the potential suppliers had a box full of "air fresheners" with them and my desk area smelt like a rotting orchard for the rest of the day.
He also says the most inappropriate things. For instance, my coworker was discussing her wedding plans with me. He rudely interrupted our conversation and asked her was what her budget was, which I think is a totally obtrusive question. When she said $3000 he scoffed "oh, there's no way you'll be able to plan anything with that little money". Jebus. I know someone who had a fabulous wedding on $3000, so it's totally doable. And really , what a nice thing to say to a stressed out girl trying to figure out the day of her dreams.
One day he said to me "so how did you end up working here, drop out of college?" Um, wtf?? No actually I did not asshat.
He also decided to explain to me one day what the residents typically think of the leasing office staff. And I quote: "the residents here think you all in the leasing office are stupid. Basically they think a money could do your job." Again, WTF. How does one respond to such rude comments.
So now I don't speak to him at all and he's gotten the hint.

1 Comments:
holy christ, you've got to be making this shit up.
that guy had to have been kidding around at his interview. for that, his idiocy is marked.
I can feel your frustration at work, although i can't experience it firsthand like you do.
Today i'm hyper pissed that the U.S. wrapped up $12 billion (in cash), flew it to Iraq, and lost it. Yeah! all those $100 bills just gone. missing.
Can we send 12 billion politicians to Iraq and lose them instead? Democrat or Republican-- send them to Iraq and don't let them back until they've found the $12 billion.
Post a Comment
<< Home