Scheduling BS
Ugh. I am in day two of a wretched eight day stint at work. And the worst of it is that I don't get any OT because T (my asshat boss) has scheduled me for the last three days in the "work week" and the first five of the next. Bah.
While I do realise this is perfectly within the scope of this country's craptastic labour laws, it doesn't make it right. It's not as though we're extremely busy and under-staffed. In fact, quite the opposite. T is basically lazy and rather than spending a few extra minutes on coming up with a schedule that is fair for everyone, he screws his staff over, thus making us bitter and resentful. Of course he never works more than five days in a row, leaves early, and doesn't work weekends.
T's qualifications for being a manager? I know he has a business degree, but his managerial skills blow. If you're going to have a staff I think you should have some type of formal training in dealing with people, because he certainly has zero clue about what's going on.
He also loves to take out his bad moods (which seem to be getting more frequent) on us by making the are-you-fucking-kidding-me-you're-asking-this-stupid-question face when we ask for clarification on any request that he may have made. I loathe when people do this.
So anyways, I feel like I've been here for a week already, it's been two days, and I have six more to look forward to.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home