Excitement at Highland Lake
While we didn't watch an action movie last night, we saw plenty off our balcony. At about midnight I was in bed reading and Mike was watching poker. I heard a helicopter fly quite low overhead, circle around and fly back again. Being my nosy self, I got up and peeked outside thinking it must be a police helicopter. Sure enough it was so I dragged Mike out onto the balcony with me. The chopper is circling around the wooded area behind our complex with it's search spotlight on. All of a sudden Mike is like, can you hear that? It sounded like someone running though the woods breaking branches. I got totally freaked out and opened the door to go inside and Mike is like, there they are! I didn't see them but four guys ran into the complex parking lot, brushing pine needles off their clothes, one on crutches!
So Mike is like, quick, call 911 and tell them we saw them! So I did, and was pretty much blathering on to the poor woman on the phone but I got the point across. As an aside I must say that being a 911 operator must be such a difficult job, I can't imagine taking calls from people whose adrenaline is running so high they are practically babbling. Anways, a few minutes later the chopper dissapeared so we assume they must have caught the guys. I also figure they must have gotten plenty of calls with better descriptions, we can't be the only looky loos who were gawking at the goings on.
I checked the news this morning and there isn't any word of what happened, maybe a police chopper chase is a common occurence? Anyways, I really want to know what happened but I guesss I'm SOL. I told Mom this morning about it and she seemed a little nervous for us but I this certainly isn't an everyday thing so I'm not worried. I'll post any updates if I hear.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home