Good time girls
So I was watching Dr Phil today (yeah yeah) and they had a married couple on whose problem was the wife's girl's nights out. The husband didn't want her to go out until 4am and felt she should be home by 1:30am at the latest. Dr. Phil and his wife agreed that this woman shouldn't be going out to bars without her husband and if he doesn't want to go she shouldn't either. Dr Phil said that he wouldn't want his wife out anywhere until 4am. The audience agreed wholeheartedly.
WTF? I looove girl's night out, be it here, Vancouver, or Kelowna. And I guess I was shocked that it is so appaling that one spouse should go out and have fun without the other. I mean, who cares if its at a bar. Mike certainly doesn't care if I go out, and is quite happy if I don't ask him to come. The whole point was that the only point of the bar experience is to pick people up. Ummm, what about dancing? Seriously, obvisouly many bars are total meat markets, but if you don't trust your significant other, than well why are you with them?
It just annoyed me that everyone seemed so shocked that this woman would want to go to bars without her (fugly) husband. God forbid. I guess you're supposed to become another person when you get married. Oops.

2 Comments:
I have to say, that's one of my favorite things about you and Mike - I only have a few married-couple friends, but you guys are definitely in the minority in terms of continuing to go out and socialize, both together and separately. I have no idea why this happens to otherwise 'normal' people once they get married (or in a relationship akin to marriage).
Yeah, I don't get it either. None of my married friends (or very attached) are like this either so I guess it never occurred to me that the norm is to give up your individuality.
Post a Comment
<< Home