Baby Couture
A few weeks ago I was telling Mike and Megan about the hip moms I saw at the park when with my friend and her baby. I know nothing about baby strollers and the like, but my friend informed me that the women there all had high end (hah hah) stollers that cost approx $600 apiece. Wha?? I was honestly shocked that something that will be useless in just a few years can cost so much. I mean, my parents carted me around in one of those flimsy fold-up strollers and I think they did just fine. Anyways, sorry to offend you if you either have one of these haute couture strollers or plan on getting one, but it just seems ridiculous. But, if you have your heart set on, I guess $600 is doable.
So anyways, I normally don't check out the stroller posts on my fav message board, but now that I know that this bizarre vouge baby culutre exists, I curiously opened one asking for opinions. Here is a portion of the post that was made:
I recently had a relative come in wiith the Mountain Buggy and I LOVED it. She spent $1200 after getting the accessories the bugaboo had. Originally, she was going to get the Bugaboo Frog but it didn't pass the Canadian safety standards and the kids store she ordered it from couldn't get it in. She was told about the MB and seems really happy with it.Jeeezus. $1200?!? Are these people on crack? I mean, if you're loaded and can afford it, whatever, but this girl seems to want one beacuse "so many people stopped us asking us where they could buy it". Oh God, why would you openly admit you're that vain? I mean, sure most of us are concerned to some degree how we look and appear to others, but this is madness. I guess baby brain does strange things to people, but I hope spending over a grand on a stroller is something I'll never get.
When we were out in public, so many people stopped us asking us where they could buy it. We can't get them here. That's another reason why I want one.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home