Well, I've decided...
To get a job. I've been considering this lately and after this unpleasant month of finances and unexpected costs, I think coughing up the $175 in hopes that my application is accepted to work is worthwhile. Well you may be wondering why I haven't bothered with this until now, and frankly I didn't want to. I make money from writing, albeit not much, but something, and if my application is accepted my money can't go to support Mike is any way. Yeah, I don't get it either but it pretty much translates to a minimun wage job doing something I hate.
But, I'm sick of having no money and if I want to cover 1/4 of my Mom's flight to come for a visit then this really is the best option. And since no one is coming for a visit after Kim until like October this will give me something to do. So I really don't want to work with food, it's just not my cup of tea and I have no experience waitstressing much less the patience. I figure a nice little part time retail job would be perfect, at a store where I can fully take advantge of a staff discount.
As far as I know this application process will take at least a month (plus the time it takes for us to come up with the app fee), so I won't have any updates for a while, and I'm not applying until Kim is gone because what fun would that be.
Anyways, to tell you the truth I'm actually sort of excited about the prospect of making my own money and working again. I guess I'm not cut out to be a house wife after all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home