Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bah, stupid wrist

Well, thanks to me being an idiot doing free weights when I know it aggravates my wrist I have been unable to keep you updated on the excitments of my life (hah). So other than the BFL going extremely well and my beloved Ipod arriving, nothing is new. I feel that I need to write something so taking a cue from Megan here are some reviews of books recently read:

You Shall Know Our Velocity by Dave Eggers-
Soooo effing good. This is the first DE book I've read and I adored it. I don't want to ruin it at all, but his writing, especially the dialouge, is brilliant. The story (much of it involves travelling) is fascinating and quick paced. Ooh, and the characters were awesome, one minute you despise them and the next it's like you're reading an exerpt from your own diary (those who have had anxiety issues will be able to relate). I highly reccomend it.

Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner-
Meh. I loved her previous novels, but this was more of a Stephanie Plum novel in that it's a mystery, but rather far fetched and well, pretty unbelievable. So not really what I was expecting (and not in a good way). Also, part of the story line was left up in the air, which pissed me off. I don't need to ponder the possibilities at the end of reading a chick lit novel. C'mon, all I wanted was some fluff!

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Ooh, may I borrow the Eggers book? Pretty please? Also, we are so due for some coffee...though I guess I could just call rather than trying to make plans via blogger comments.

m

2:04 PM  
Blogger Cor said...

Ha ha, this is as good a way as any. How busy are you tommorow? Oh, and what are you doing this weekend anyways?
Er, the Eggers books was from the library and is returned. Put it on your list, you'll love it :)

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home