Friday, February 03, 2006

Myrtle Beach: Day 6 (A most traumatic day)

Hoo boy. Today started off fairly mellow. Mike, Judi, and I went to the outlets for some shirts for Mike, and this tourist shopping mecca called Barefoot Landing. Mike and I decided to head out to this restaurant called Dick's Last Resort, which is a total hoot. The staff is totally rude and obnoxious, and you get a hat made out of paper with an insult on it. Mine said "will spread legs for another beer", and Mike's said "workouts with pecker and hand". Hah. Anyways, we were having a good time chowing down, when Mike looks at me and tells me he's choking. They have loud music in there, so I'm like "what?!" Oh yeah, his face starts turning red and I start panicing. I mean, wtf do I do? I don't know the heimlich or anything, so I'm asked him if he needed help, to which he managed to reply yes. So I'm up out of my seat, yelling that I need help, he's choking. A few people were getting up and Mike taps me and says he's ok. Holy effing relief. I yelled out thanks and it was ok. I sat down and nearly burst into tears. I seriously don't think I've ever been that scared in my life. I could feel my heart racing and I think if he had kept choking I might have started beating him on the back myself. Gah. I think I was more upset than he was. So anyways, all is well, and I think I might enroll myself in a CPR type class where they teach you life-saving techniques.
We're now watching Grizzly Man which is about Timothy Treadwell, who was killed by a bear in Alaska. Highly recommend it, especially if it's not on TV and they've managed to made a 1:45 hour movie into three hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home