Ah, fuck off.
So I know my belly is big. Probably bigger than most pregnant bellies at this point (30 weeks!!!). However, hearing this from perfect strangers is NOT appreciated. We were in Safeway yesterday and our cashier asked me how far along I was. I told her and her response was "oh, that's going to be a big baby". Um, thanks. What do you say to that (seriously, if anyone has a good comeback I would love to know what it is).
First off, belly size has zero relevance when it comes to baby size. I know of people who had enormous bellies, and average sized babies, just as I know of ones who had tiny bellies and large babies. My uterus is measuring on target, so there is no indication of this little one being a "big baby". Okay, I'm probably a little overly sensitive at this point, but I just find this rude.
Today Mike and I were at Origins, as I needed some new body cream. The lovely sales woman (trying to up-sell as usual) informed me that this other cream helps to get rid of stretch marks so wouldn't that be better? Sheesh. I actually don't have any stretch marks (yet), and even if I did, what fucking business is that of yours???
Being pregnant does not make it okay to discuss my body without my consent. Would she have told me that I should buy the more expensive cream because it helps reduce wrinkles? Probably not.

2 Comments:
Boo! You should invest in a couple of these shirts
Hah! Those are great!
Post a Comment
<< Home