Friend Collectors
If you are on Facebook (and if you're not, why not?), you've probably come across several friend collectors, and may even be one yourself. To me, a friend collector is someone who adds you as a friend even though you're not friends in real life. A friend collector will add you as a friend, and if you accept, will never write on your wall or send you a message to say hello. They simply added you as a friend in hopes of upping their friend list. I have had several friend collectors send me a friend request, and since most of them I was actually friends with at some point and it's no skin off my back I do add them.
However there is one I received today, from a guy I went to highschool with at OKM (read: snobby hell hole I miserably attended for two years) whom I don't know if I ever had a conversation with and haven't seen him in, um, about fifteen years. I haven't added him, but in true Facebook stalker fashion (which I fulling admit to being) I checked out his profile in great detail. He has 150 friends. I'm sorry, but no one really has 150 friends, especially if he's adding people he's spoken to once. Maybe if you're part of an organization or something similar you may have that many friends but since he's added me and we don't know each other AT ALL he's a classic friend collector in my books.
So do I add him? I don't know, I haven't turned down a request yet (save for the request from some random guy in SF who asked "you add me as friend if you like, yes?"), I figure it's no bother to me and it's not like I have anything to hide in my profile. But honestly, this is the strangest request yet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home