We can't get out of here fast enough
And perhaps you thought the last post would mark and end to the complaints of my neighbors. How wrong you are.
They changed the locks a week ago. They gave everyone three weeks notice to get your ass into the office (a five minute drive from here) and get new keys. The only people permitted to get a key are adults over the age of 18, on the lease, with a valid ID. Apparently this is too much to ask of some people.
First, we run into Bob a couple weeks ago (well before aforementioned lock changing takes place). Bob is a nice old guy, but a total busybody and HATES the current management company with a passion. We mention we are on our way to get the new keys. He launches into a lengthy diatribe of why he refuses to get one because they are not allowed by law (he has already contacted his lawyers) to ask for ID, and if they refuse him a key he will sue them. Mike and I finally slink away, puzzled, because isn't it a good thing they are asking for ID rather than giving out keys to anyone who asks?
Next, the lovely woman next door with the five children in a studio apartment (I've got to hand it to her, they're for the most part well behaved) "loses" her key. Her solution? Buzz my apartment so I'll let her in. I do this willingly the first day. She doesn't work so I assume she can go pick one up right away. The next day she continues buzzing my apartment (keep in mind the buzzer is extremely loud and startling). My solution? Stop answering the door. Jeez woman, get your lazy ass to the office and get an effing key! Her solution? Keep buzzing it until I grow weary and let her in. Kudos to her, she did get a key the next day (said dripping with sarcasm).
Finally, the drunk brother of the upstairs neighbor, who lives there (but I suspect is not on the lease) now has no key to the front door. His solution? When he arrives home drunk as a skunk at midnight, simply yell up to his nephews window to let him in. The window above our bedroom window. Lovely. Why not just use the buzzer? How the fuck should I know, these people are effing morons.
Anyways, this place hands down the worst place we have ever lived. It is a 100% gong show. We can't get out of here fast enough.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home