Friday, November 18, 2005

Back from Germany

Well, as you know I'm back. I had a great time in Germany, visiting with relatives and sightseeing. Seeing my parents was really great, and despite a couple mini-meltdowns between me and my Dad while I was driving and he was navigating, all was well. It's amazing how many things are different here, some good some bad. I love that there are no trucks, barely any SUVs, you eat fresh from the bakery buns for breakfast every morning, everyone bikes and walks, there are almost no malls, and the chocolate, oh, the chocolate. Some things I didn't like so much? People smoke everywhere, which either makes me annoyed because of the smell, or annoyed because I would love to have one and can't/won't; the fact that they don't refridgerate food as much as they do here. Eggs in the cupboard? Gah. I also found people rather rude. Like if I hold the door for someone it drives me berserk if they don't say thanks, but after about a week I was actually enjoying being rude as well. Hah.


Nothing else really new, we're going to a Thanksgiving dinner party tommorow night, which will be nice. Ooh, and I'm planning a holiday cocktail party for December which I'm really excited about. I'm getting new holiday CDs, a tree, and lights. Whee!! I love Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home